Start a new topic

runtime error, returncode: 255

Dear Tom,

here it is. I thought that it might be a problem… I hope it can be solved somehow. If not, there are some TMs that I don’t strictly need (the ones from the European Commission – dgtrans –, since they are static TMs), so I can try without them. I’ll wait for your reply.

Kind regards / Üdvözlettel / Herzliche Grüße,
Zsuzsánna Kupán

Translator and conference interpreter
Phone: +49 1573 177 45 84
LinkedIn                                                             

Certified PROs  SDL_Trados_Studio_Web_Icons_200x130gr_02
P Before printing, think about Environmental Responsibility

"I'll wait for your reply..." I hope I didn't keep you waiting too long :)

Okay, yes. I found what I suspected would be there. Here's the first error line:

sort.exe: close failed: D:\slate\Workspace\TRAININGS\smt-tm-en-hu-eu_enhu\temp\trainer,hu,210,0,train-tm\5\sortYy7ce9: Bad file descriptor

In short, you ran out of free hard drives space when the open source components were doing their work. It's very difficult (almost impossible) for Slate to catch errors because the open source scripts hide the errors. We do our best to test/double-test for errors. When we can't catch them, a failure happens way "downstream" from the original error. In this case, the error (your screen shot) manifested itself about 6 steps later when the corrupted file was needed as the input for another step.

You did all the right things. You set your workspace to another hard drive (D:\slate) that I'm assuming as the maximum free space. Can you tell me how much free space is on that drive?

From here, this is what I recommend:

1. Manually clean up your workspace by deleting all subfolders from these trees:
    D:\slate\Workspace\BUILDS\tm\*
    D:\slate\Workspace\BUILDS\lm\*
    D:\slate\Workspace\TRAININGS\*
    D:\slate\Workspace\MODELS\*
    D:\slate\Workspace\TEMP
  2. Retrieve the TMX files. They include only the cleaned segments after the scrub-tm and clean-tm graphs:
    D:\slate\Workspace\CORPORA\1-outputs\translavic\eu\government\tm\en\DG ENV en-hu.tmx.txt.tmx
    D:\slate\Workspace\CORPORA\1-outputs\translavic\eu\government\tm\en\EN-HU with EU.tmx.txt.tmx
    D:\slate\Workspace\CORPORA\1-outputs\translavic\eu\government\tm\en\dg regio.tmx.txt.tmx
    D:\slate\Workspace\CORPORA\1-outputs\translavic\eu\government\tm\en\dg trans 2004 2005 EN HU.tmx.txt.tmx
    D:\slate\Workspace\CORPORA\1-outputs\translavic\eu\government\tm\en\dg trans 2006 EN HU.tmx.txt.tmx
    D:\slate\Workspace\CORPORA\1-outputs\translavic\eu\government\tm\en\dg trans 2007 EN HU.tmx.txt.tmx
    D:\slate\Workspace\CORPORA\1-outputs\translavic\eu\government\tm\en\dg trans 2008 EN HU.tmx.txt.tmx
    D:\slate\Workspace\CORPORA\1-outputs\translavic\eu\government\tm\en\dg trans 2009 EN HU.tmx.txt.tmx
    D:\slate\Workspace\CORPORA\1-outputs\translavic\eu\government\tm\en\dg trans 2010 EN HU.tmx.txt.tmx
    D:\slate\Workspace\CORPORA\1-outputs\translavic\eu\government\tm\en\dg trans 2011 EN HU.tmx.txt.tmx
    D:\slate\Workspace\CORPORA\1-outputs\translavic\eu\government\tm\en\dg trans 2012 EN HU.tmx.txt.tmx
    D:\slate\Workspace\CORPORA\1-outputs\translavic\eu\government\tm\en\dg trans 2013 EN HU.tmx.txt.tmx
    D:\slate\Workspace\CORPORA\1-outputs\translavic\eu\government\tm\en\dg trans 2014 EN HU.tmx.txt.tmx
    D:\slate\Workspace\CORPORA\1-outputs\translavic\eu\government\tm\en\dg trans 2015 EN HU.tmx.txt.tmx
    D:\slate\Workspace\CORPORA\1-outputs\translavic\eu\government\tm\en\dg trans 2016 EN HU.tmx.txt.tmx
    D:\slate\Workspace\CORPORA\1-outputs\translavic\eu\government\tm\en\eas.tmx.txt.tmx
    D:\slate\Workspace\CORPORA\1-outputs\translavic\eu\government\tm\en\ecdc EN-HU.tmx.txt.tmx
    D:\slate\Workspace\CORPORA\1-outputs\translavic\eu\government\tm\en\eu par en-hu.tmx.txt.tmx
    D:\slate\Workspace\CORPORA\1-outputs\translavic\eu\government\tm\en\scad.tmx.txt.tmx

It's impossible to guess how much free drive space you'll need to build this mix of TMs. My best guess is 2x or 3x as much free space as you have now. Your other option is to cut back to only your own TMs.

Regards,

Tom