Start a new topic

Entered license key and installer froze

Dear Tom,
thank you for your quick reply. I attached the log files. In the meantime, I successfully installed the trial version. I am excited about trying it out!
Kind regards / Üdvözlettel / Herzliche Grüße,
Zsuzsánna Kupán
Translator and conference interpreter
Phone: +49 1573 177 45 84
Certified PROs  SDL_Trados_Studio_Web_Icons_200x130gr_02
P Before printing, think about Environmental Responsibility
Sent: Wednesday, September 6, 2017 6:03 AM
Subject: [New Reply] in Entered license key and installer froze
New Reply - 1 replies in topic Entered license key and installer froze
Image removed by sender.
Tom Hoar
Hi Zsuzsánna.

I traced our authentication server's log and I can see where the installer failed. When you enter your email and license key, the installer "shakes hands" with our server to validate your entry. There is a slight hesitation during that validation but when complete, the installer prompts you for more information. In your case, that validation process never completed and it left your license key locked. I don't think you did anything wrong and our server doesn't show an error. I'm pretty sure this is not related to your antivirus, so please re-enable it. It might be an unlucky case of an Internet hiccup.

Can you send me all of the files in your %TEMP% folder that start with bitrock_ ? These might shed some light into why the process didn't complete. The %TEMP% folder is something like this: C:\Users\<USERNAME>\AppData\Local\Temp, where <USERNAME> is your user-id on your computer.

I unlocked your license key on our server. You can run the installer again without the "license key was already used" error. After you enter your email and key and click next, have a little patience. Maybe the process is a little slower on your system.

Thanks for trying Slate!

Turn Off Reply notifications for this topic

1 Comment